How to stay motivated during the lockdown?
- Stick to your routines, even though life has changed drastically. Set an alarm, shower, make breakfast and get ready to start the day. Act like your home workspace is your office even if it’s only 5ft away from your bed.
- Go outside for a walk, a run or a HIIT workout. Try to stay active even when the gyms are closed. A healthy body equals a healthy mind.
- Educate yourself, pick up a new hobby and try to learn new things. The internet is full of new things to learn, you have access to so much information on a daily basis. Make use of it!
- Work on your home, fix the things you never had time for, change your interior.
- Go to bed on time! The fact that you don’t have a boss waiting for you to check in on time doesn’t matter. If you go to bed on time, you’ll wake up energized ready for a new day to challenge yourself.
- Stay in touch with your friends. It’s not always possible to have people over during these times, still make time to facetime with your friends. Humans need interaction!
- Don’t get caught up in scrolling on social media, watching other people living their best life, while you’re in lockdown will not help your state of mind.
- Don’t look at the things you can’t do, rather look into all the things you’re still able to do. Be the glass half full type! You can influence the way you feel!
- Live in the present. We don’t know when this lockdown will be over, so make the best of the situation now instead of waiting for the next update from the government that might be another disappointment.