9 tips for Gaining Lean muscle
Nutrition Hit your protein targets; 2x your kg bodyweight in grams. (100kg bodyweight means 200gr of protein).
- Eat more calories than you need, 300-500 calories over maintenance intake. Eating more than 500 cals will result in fat gain. Adding only 1-100calls will only speed up your metabolism on the long run without gaining any muscle.
- Use a kitchen scale and a macro tracker to log your daily intake.
- Be consistent and do it for a longer periode of time. After a while tracking your intake will go automatically.
- Hit your daily micro (vitamins, minerals, etc) targets; your body needs it to process your food optimally.
Workout More doesn't mean better, you don't want to burn to many calories, you also want to give your body time to recover from lifting all those heavy weights.
- Ideally you want to train 5-6 days a week and hit every big muscle group twice.
- Your rep range should be 6-12 and your rest in between exercises 2-3 minutes.
- Work with a partner so you can push yourself and ask for a spot whenever you need one.